Energy and utility companies are operating in an increasingly competitive and scrutinised market and this is affecting the ability of contact centres to service their callers at a manageable cost. However there are many great options available today.
Listed are several of the key drivers towards better self-service:
- Reducing the cost to serve customers: there is constant pressure to provide outstanding customer service while maintaining or reducing costs
- Deregulation: this is empowering consumers to select their suppliers based on cost and customer service
- High customer expectations: these must be met and exceeded, while managing costs and maintaining efficiency
- Fierce competition in a global market: how you deliver your service directly impacts your ability to compete, reduce cost, generate revenue and maintain customer loyalty
- Technology investments: you already invested highly in your existing systems and need to protect your infrastructure investment